Operating licences

Recreational watercraft

The procedures for obtaining a recreational watercraft licence were changed on 1 January 2008.
The new national training system ensures better safety for recreational boaters with a complete and coherent training programme for recreational motorboats.
It has now mandatory to have a recreational watercraft licence if the drive motor exceeds 4.5 kW (6 horsepower).

The conditions:

  • At least 16 years old.
  • The training centre and the instructors must be certified.
  • Fulfilment of medical aptitude requirements.

General information on the recreational watercraft licence - SN Nord-Pas-de-Calais website

Passenger and goods transport

The “certificate of capacity” for operating commercial boats on inland waterways is the document required to be able to operate boats.
The different options, which are a function of the canals used, and the documents for applying for the certificate and to take the exam, are available on the
website, in the waterway transport section or via the following SN Nord-Pas-de-Calais website link:

http://www.sn-nord-pas-de-calais.developpement-durable.gouv.fr/rubrique.php3 ?id_rubrique=51


Plan du site   |     |   Info Editeur  |   Contact
©Voies navigables de France (VNF), Établissement Public Administratif - Direction territoriale Nord-Est