Boat compliance

For a boat to be authorised to operate, it must be registered and hold an operating licence, which certifies its technical compliance with the applicable standards depending on its category (recreational watercraft, goods transport boat, passenger boat).

Recreational watercraft:

Recreational watercraft are subject to technical regulations. They must be identified (recorded or registered) and may require a boat licence: boat licence or international recreational watercraft licence (“CIBP”), which fulfils both the registration and boat-licence requirements.

Recreational watercraft compliance / On the SN Nord-Pas-de-Calais website

Commercial vessels:
Any vessel intended for commercial use (transport of goods or persons) must comply with the current safety standards (restaurant-boat, passenger boat (“Bateau-Mouche”, tour boat), goods transport boat...)

Commercial vessel compliance / On the SN Nord-Pas-de-Calais website

New territorial distribution of the six MEEDEM decentralised departments, with effect on 1 January 2008.

Safety-inland-waterways (PDF format - 343.2 kB)

Plan du site   |     |   Info Editeur  |   Contact
©Voies navigables de France (VNF), Établissement Public Administratif - Direction territoriale Nord-Est